The Wolf Humanities Center announces a Graduate Research Assistantship for the 2023–2024 academic year for a University of Pennsylvania dissertation-level (ABD) student in the humanities whose work pertains to Revolution, the Center's research topic for the year.
The RAship provides full support for the 2023–24 academic year (tuition plus a stipend of about $33,500), and carries membership in the Wolf Humanities Center's Mellon Research Seminar on Revolution, composed of postdoctoral fellows, faculty from Penn and regional universities, and the Center's director and topic director. Applicants may not be holding other positions and must be in good academic and financial standing with the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. The RAship is awarded competitively. Semifinalists are interviewed in April as part of the selection process.
The half-time position requires 15–20 hours per week of service in a variety of functions:
- Assist the administrative staff of the Wolf Humanities Center and the Price Lab for Digital Humanities in carrying out general business. Requires some evenings and, rarely, weekends to help staff events.
- Staff and participate in the weekly Wolf Humanities Center's Mellon Research Seminar and the bi-weekly Price Lab Mellon DH Seminar.
- Serve as the lead organizer of a one-day symposium related to the theme of Revolution.
- Coordinate and draft social media announcements promoting research at the Wolf Humanities Center and Price Lab for Digital Humanities.
Call for Applications, 2023–2024 (Closed)
Research Topic: Revolution
Application deadline: March 22, 2023
To apply, the following materials must be submitted through the Interfolio application portal:
- Cover letter expressing interest in the RAship; highlighting any experience in planning/supporting academic events and programs
- Unofficial Penn course transcript
- A single PDF containing Project Title, Project Abstract (125 words maximum), and Project Proposal (approx. 1000 words)
- Letter of recommendation from dissertation director or graduate chair
NOTE: We welcome applications from Penn ABD graduate students for both the Research Assistant position and a Research Fellowship. Applicants must submit their materials through each of the relevant Interfolio portals to be considered for both opportunities.