The Wolf Humanities Center offers funding for project development workshops to support post-tenure faculty members in the School of Arts & Sciences as they prepare to launch a major new project, such as a book, a digital humanities project, an exhibition, a film, or a public performance; develop a major project that is already underway; or kickstart / reframe a stalled project. We will provide up to $1,500 (while COVID-19 requires remote events) and up to $3,000 (when in-person events are possible) to support a workshop or other professional development experience that will take the form that is most useful to the person and project in question. It could, for example, take the same form as the Manuscript Workshop we offer for Assistant Professors, with a senior scholar coming to the Wolf Humanities Center for a three-hour workshop, followed by lunch, to provide feedback on a manuscript or other project in progress, alongside other Penn and regional colleagues. The day might also include the following (but we are open to other suggestions within the budget suggested):
- A one-on-one mentoring session or career coaching session with the awardee and the invited mentor
- A conversation among the associate professor, the invited guest, and the awardee’s department chair
- A small dinner
Departments are welcome to supplement the Wolf Center's funds to expand the workshop, if desired. Funding can be used for the following: guest scholar's travel and accommodations; $1000 honorarium; equipment up to $500 (if guest’s travel budget permits this within the stated budget limits); lunch and dinner.
Call for Applications / Spring 2021 and Fall 2021 Workshops
Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
To apply, please submit the following, saving your document as a single PDF and naming it your Last name_First name.pdf (Franklin_Ben.pdf):
- Your name, title, and department
- Description of your manuscript or other project and explanation of desired support (approx. 1000 words)
- Name, title, and affiliation of the senior faculty member or other mentor you wish to invite, along with an explanation of why their input would be so valuable.
- Names and affiliations of local people you would like to invite (25 or under please)
- Up-to-date c.v.